It Makes Me Feel Shy

Without Prejudice

It makes me feel shy to realise people are reading my blogs. But then I don't mind as I know now that people enjoy them and that's the main thing. I have always been very sensitive and observant and that is the life of a writer to be the observer and watch out for the details.

"The Devil Is In The Details"

People can come across as very friendly and smart, confident but it is always the details that give them away. I have always been an observer as the quiet one always is. I have always sat back and let others take centre stage. The louder, more aggressive ones. The "Superstars" that have to show off and endlessly twirl in the spotlight. I am just not like that. I would rather die than be centre stage.

But I am going to have to get used to it if my stories go global which they well might.

No wonder writers are mainly shy people as their thoughts and talents are not for everyone. But still they need to express them. I went all the way over to my Sisters yesterday, taking baby and Mladenka. My big Sis has been in Hospital with kidney stone pain and is due to have an op in a few weeks. We said when we went to see her in Hospital we would come over. Stay the night.

But it wasn't to be. I also wanted to show my grand daughter in law the Gold Coast but the weather resisted us and came across cloudy and grey. So we turned in land and made for my older sisters house after an hour of driving. Andre sleeping all the way. Yesterday was his 3 month birthday and we were dying to show him off.

Also my Sister does accurate readings of the  cards, the Tarot cards, so that was another thing we wanted to get done. We waited and waited for my Big Sister to get home. She left us a key under the mat, very thoughtfully. We waited and waited some more, Mladenka exclaiming at the beauty of my Sisters house and the great view from the back.

When my Sister arrived back from her outing she wasn't well. She'd had a "bleed" and we felt concerned enough not to stay. Better to get her rest and we would go. Mladenka was able to have her reading, however and it was eeerily accurate. In the mean time my kindly Brother In Law, my Sisters husband, quietly told me he loved the story I did about my Mum. That was so nice to hear. I was very proud of that one.

 Of course I managed to get lost on the way home,  and we ended up in Brisbane and me in a near state of panic. We hadn't eaten so in the end we stopped and Mladenka bought McDonald's for both of us.

I finally found my way home by circumnavigating the whole of Brisbane and Maldenka was quite excited and took heaps of photos of the beautiful City. We arrived home to peace and quiet and it was lovely to be safe back at home after a fairly disastrous trip.

P.S. My Sister had her Kidney stone shattered and now all is well


Love Janette xoxox

Popular Posts