Kenny Rogers

Without Prejudice


What a lovely man Kenny Rogers is. Great singer of course and never been voted in to the Country Music Hall of Fame but I like him. He's been married five times and says all his wives have deserved half of what he had. Isn't that refreshing ? He never has a pre nup either, even though Kerry Packer said he should. In front of Kenny's new wife to be.

Kenny thinks that starting with a pre nup is starting the marriage on the wrong foot from day one. He went into each as if it were going to last forever. And he said he believes in Karma, so if you are good to everyone, good is what you get back. And if you do bad, badness is what you get back. I just love his philosophy on life.

Apart from Lucille (My middle name, so I a am a bit biased ) his most famous song is the Gambler. And it's not so much about gambling as a philosophy on life. You have to know when to "hold Em", know when to "fold em" cos there's time enough for counting, "When the dealings done".

So true, you have to walk away when you're winning and stop a run of bad luck, no matter how hard that is. And never count your money when you are sitting at the table, there's time enough for counting, when the dealings done.

I would never make a good gambler. My brother says every emotion shows on my face. To be a good one I'd have to have a poker face and I don't. When I'm happy I am happy and when I am sad, I'm sad. And when I am angry, well don't get me started.

I love the way Kenny Rogers sings, that timbre he has in his voice, just gorgeous and he likes lollies and ice creams, now who does that remind me of ????

Both me and my brothers, of course. Golden Gaytime, anyone ???  Kenny has drawers full of snickers, snack size fun bars of chocolate on his bus and a freezer full of ice creams. I'm going on his next tour !  lol 

Love Janette

Popular Posts