Love , It really is the Answer

Without Prejudice

My younger Sister Helen is a nurse. She sees people, every day,  that are at the very end of their lives. It's a sobering job and it's a great one. I love Doctors and nurses, it's a hard job and not one that I can do, I'm far too squeamish. But she says that in the end, it's love that matters. You really can't take anything with you into the next life except for the love. And that is all that matters in the end. Just love.

It's lovely to have the new toys, the luxury things that we all love. But we know that they are not what matters. Helping someone else is one of the best things you can do. Being there for someone when they are lost and alone, or helpless, stuck in their lives. Not with judgement or to gossip about them afterwards. Its all about love. In every way and in every day there is love. Love brought us here. The love of our parents for each other brought us into being.

The nurturing qualities they had for us, kept us safe from harm, soothed our sleep, warmed our hands and feet, filled our bellies. We forget that aspect of life so easily, but love will be the answer for everything in your life. There is no other one thing that can sustain us as long or as well as love. It gets us up in the morning and it stays with us through the day. It sustains us when times are hard, feeds our souls and fills our heart with a certain Joy that we know will not desert us.

We love our families, our friends, our kids, each other as men and women. We love other humans that surround us and want what is best for them. Love is to see someone else happy and to know you helped put a smile on that face, lifted that persons spirit. To love is part of the divine good nature of the Human Spirit. That part of us that wants to dance and sing and celebrate. That part of us that is more noble, pure, honourable.

No one except a Sociopath or psychopath wants what is evil or bad for another. Those sort of people should be put on an Island somewhere. Because they don't feel others pain, don't empathise with others thoughts and feelings. Every human being on this planet has a right to be here. Is here for a purpose. It's not about outdoing someone or being better than someone else. It's about being the best person you can be. And that involves reaching out to others and saying,
"I know what you are going through"
"I hurt because you hurt"

I want you to be happy, because I am "

The dying have no regrets, they are the ones at the most peace with dying. Their race is run, their time is finished and they are glad to go, tired of pain and suffering. I believe in a dignified death for the old and the suffering. It should be allowed, that you go when you feel ready. That you have done your best and that you no longer wish to be here. I am all for euthenazia, when it's your time.

We love our pets and would hate for them to suffer in pain when old and infirm. The same should be allowed for Humans, to go with dignity. I never forget seeing the documentary on Farrah Fawcett dying. On camera and in excruciating pain. What was the point of that ? Only for me, to say, well put me out of it if I get to that stage. Don't linger, don't allow me to linger, love me enough to help me. Thats all, I would wish to go with dignity and respect and love.

I will be sad to not see you in this life any more but I will see you in the next as I know for a fact that there is more. But why not make this journey in this life the best it can be. Dance, sing, love, enjoy, eat up life and taste every mouthful. Love and be loved, hug and be hugged, kiss and be kisssed. As the love of a fellow human being is one of the best things you can have in this life.

And in the next, so take it with you, gather up all the love you have been given in your life and the love you have shown and given others. Parcel it up in your heart, where it belongs, and it will enter your soul and make you into an angel that one day will watch down on others. And when the warm breezes blow, the others will feel your love as a soft caress on their skin and they will also dance and sing and celebrate, and know you are happy.



Love Janette

Popular Posts