Burning Like Crazy

Without Prejudice

Welding a petrol tank even after it's been flushed with water is never ever a good idea.

In the old days my crazy ex, nicknamed "Crazy Bob," by a few people, would do anything for a dollar. Anything at all, so one day when a man called in at Hi Line Engineering, our first business and wanted a petrol tank welded, CB decided to jump at the chance.

He flushed the tank out with water for 20 minutes with a hose and soaked it in a tub. He then gently lit the arc welder and touched the welding rod to the neck of the tank.

Apparently after he woke up, his tee shirt melted into his chest, 15 feet from where the fuel tank was he was idiotic enough to decide to peel the tee shirt off. Apparently his screams could be heard half way down the street. So, naturally, he decided not to tell me as he thought I would think him an idiot.




So being a child bride, I was still in the throes of love in those days, I was about 21 and been married 4 years, went to run my hand across my young husbands chest the next morning. One again the screams could be heard half way down the street. I had ripped of the entire sheet of skin that was crinkled across his chest, like an old ladies paper fan.

Then he had the cheek to rant at me as even though he had neglected to tell me, somehow, I should have "known". He had lain on his back all night, suffering in silence, so I wouldn't find out. I waited until he was out of ear shot and cracked up laughing, I feel so mean in the telling. But he was a hard case and could be a complete prick, so I didn't feel that bad.

Alpha Males, what can you say???

Another time he decided that the girls were giving him the shits taking the fly screens off the bedroom windows all the time. He raved on about this for days but we mainly ignored him, he was always shouting about something. The screens ended up back on the windows, some of them, all sort of twisted and buckled out of shape.

CB then gets pissed out of his brain, drives the prize GT home, slowly and carefully, (always get out if you are drunk and approach the nice Policeman ) one more rant about those stupid, fucking girls that never ever did what he wanted them to do, before he fell comatose on to the bed. Fully clothed.

Sometime during the night he decided to turn right  towards the window instead of left towards the en suite and decided to take a pee out of the window, instead. Pissed. With dick in hand he pointed percy towards the shrubs outside and put his hand on the fly screen to steady himself. The non existent fly screen and tumbled out of the window, cracking his scone and scratching himself on the shrub.

I had to hide in the en suite laughing after I let him in the locked bedroom door so that he couldn't hear me or see me. He was frothing at the mouth, still raving about those "fucking" girls and fell asleep almost straight away again. The screens never ever did get fixed.....


Love Janette


Popular Posts