Three Maths Geniuses, Single Mothers Rock !!!

Without Prejudice

Had a quiet conversation with Kyan tonight, he's 8. He wasn't happy to be in my unit sleeping as we are just getting things in order, since the 3 Big males have moved back in home. And an extra one as male teen boys always have friends. The main house doesn't bear thinking about as we have so much stuff and we already had a lot of stuff.

It eventually all gets sorted but we are trying to make the boys responsible for their own "stuff", it remains a fluid situation.

So back to my little man, Kyan, who was disgruntled at having to sleep in my unit. I tickled him and gave him a hug and kiss,
"You only have to wait until the weekend, before you sleep in the house, you moaner", I teased.
Dead silence, then,
"I can't wait 51 hours", he said.
"What did you just say?" I asked.
He repeated it and I looked at him closely.
"How did you work that out, baby ? "

He rattled off the formula, 24 in every day times 2 and 3 hours.

I said he was good at maths and he shyly told me he is top of his class in Maths.

I wanted to bounce around the room. Jai, almost 14 is the same, and so is Brock. 3 of Yvette's boys are top in Maths. ( Yvette's and my knowledge of maths comes down to calculating how much money we can spend at Coles )

Now, here is the interesting fact. Yvette is a single Mother, with a "nuffy" ex partner, Father to her 5 oldest boys. She has a new partner now who she has 2 boys to. But for most of her life Yvette has been a single Mother. She's an excellent Mother but she's a Mother like Joy in My Name Is Earl, you get the picture. Wiry, blonde, telling her kids off with a ferocity and then purring at them like a Mother cat.

I have never seen anyone that looks at her children like Yvette. She's fascinated by them, every move and she can organise other kids, as in
"Right, you, you and you, come with me" Children bow down to her, so does the SH (Slothy Husky), so does her cat. All the boys have tried to go up against her. Not a chance, they remain terrified of her. They reckon I'm a scary baitch, but there is no one they are more terrified of than there Mother

But being the determined cow she is she has raised them hell or high water. I have never heard one of them call her a rude name, she's called them plenty. She's as tough as nails and has to be. When she's in her druthers

Popular Posts