Music Helps

Without Prejudice

Every Sunday I play all my favourite music. there is no more uplifting mood lifter than good music. Music can transcend your mood, calm you when you are agitated, inspire you. Trouble is getting the right music for the partner you are with. My first husband and I liked the same music pretty much. He loved some pretty weird stuff, mindst you. The Fureys played interminably has scarred Deborah for life.

He did like some pretty good stuff though. We had a Bat Out Of Hell Summer in the 70's, Linda Ronstadt, Jesus Christ Superstar, Boney M, Rod Stewart, Skyhooks, Cat Stevens, Joe Cocker, Hair, Woodstock Album, Jose Feliciano, Ted Mulry, Eagles, Melanie, Candle in The Wind. The list goes on and on, I loved Simon and Garfunkel, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt.

That takes care of the 70's, and the eighties we had different experiences of. I liked what the girls liked as they were teenagers. Billy Idol, Culture Club, The Angels, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Bowie, ZZ Top, Bay City Rollers ( Deb pick, not mine ) James Reyne, Australian Crawl, The Angels, Michael Jackson was unbeatable at everything.

Then into the nineties I didn't have to share his life or his music so that era belongs to me. Sad decade after Lauren died and first hubby and I parted, thank you God ! We were on different paths in life. Always had been, I wanted Family life and he wanted to show the world he was a great guy. He did try, but not well enough.

And I realised he was what he was, a sad case.

And now I am back to loving all music. I always bracket my men with the songs of that time. Nev is Kris Kristofferson and Charlie Rich, Chris Rhea and Shane McGowan and Enya's Sister, Moira Brennan and the bloody BBC world news played LOUD when passed out drunk, which was often lol

And him telling me to turn the Angels down and to act my age,

"Darling,"
"What"
"The Angels are MY age" xxx

Howie was George Michael, pretty much it for 5 years. He loved his music but I had different tastes. I'll be honest I can't remember much of it, bit bland for me.

I like edgy stuff as well as classics and 60's, 70's, 80's,90's naughties, whatever,

Above all else I love Robert Palmers, anything but especially Johnny and Mary, Beatles, old and new as in " Across the Universe", revisited via my grand daughter Jade at 16. She was shocked I lknew all the words. Hallo.I was around for the original.

I love my brothers influences in Muisc, George is a Bob Dylan nut and needs to be reminded I bought Dylan first. Or was it the Rolling Stones ? Ha ha. David was Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osborne and Deep Purple and Rocky Horror Picture Show with Tim Curry. We had Rocky Horror parties and the men liked dressing up far too much as far as the women were concerned.

Bizarre !

Music can bring people together like nothing else. And has it's own powers. I just read that Classical Music played to Wolves, dogs, alpha males, calms them down. So far it's working on the stupid annoying mutt over the back. Wonder if it works on Alpha Male Grandsons ??????

Love Janette





Popular Posts