Going Home At Last

Without Prejudice

Home at last to Victoria. The ides of August are starting to blow across Moreton Bay and will last for a few weeks. My plan was going to be to come straight back up, but the Racehorse child be coming back with her significant other and I will stay. Oh the joy of her being happy and settled will complete what has been a fabulous three months of Winter. To be so lucky to winter in Redcliffe and Beachmere has to be felt to be believed.

The sunny days, the warm nights, the vanilla slices baked by a Queensland baker. The slow pace of life and the tranquility of the beaches. The early rising and the early nodding off to sleep. None of the light night angst that I always have in Melbourne. But if all goes according to plan knowing the Racehorse child is happy and relaxed should take care of that.

Knowing that just the older boys will be in the house and the younger will be happy in the sun soothes me. She will love being up here but more than likely will go to the Gold Coast, her second home. And I don't have to face the arduous journey back by car. I can drag back my little Toyota from one daughter, who truth be known wants to buy it.

And the thought of being me again, living on my own in my own little place will be Heaven, too. My brother George has been such a patient and caring man putting up with his little Sis has been magic. I am so much better than when I came. No nervousness at the onset of one more winter, no more grey skies and rain, cold mornings and fog. Just sun. But spring returns to Melbourne and there is so much to look forward to.

One grand daughter is engaged, my little morsel of smile and delight, Andrej awaits me in Melbourne. Driving lessons to give to Jade and a garden to be planted. A gate of privacy that I can now afford and vine covered trellis down the side. Air conditioning for the unit. And a Publlishing matter to finish and get published. Lots of storied I have written as well.

A readership that has gone from 4 a year ago to 53,500, and I can't even compute those sort of numbers. Three people that I have counselled and the thought of more to come. And getting paid for it which is even better. Many books of style and good writing have been read, bad writing too. Living in a strange place for 3 months and not even being irritated is such a blessing. But then irritation goes hand in hand with depression and I see that now.

I've learned about Mott The Hoople, not that I wanted to, but I did. George of course can be so bloody pedantic at times I want to stomp on his head, but that's brothers for you! I'm glad he put up with me and I'm glad he pushed me to keep going when I was struck with writers block. I have never been stuck for something to say, before. I like the quiet, the peace and the time to think am so grateful for all that.

Melbourne calls and family calls and I am now after 3 months finally bloody awfully homesick and nervous about flying arrrgh. I f I never ever had to get on another plane I would be so happy. Goodbye to Tracy and Lindsay and thank you for all the lovely meals and the Mudcrabs caight fresh from Moreton. I'll be back again as soon as I can. Thank you to my wonderful niece Tracy who loaned me a car and to Glenn for having the patience to show me it's little quirks so it never ever let me down.

Thanks to Heidi and David for making all those meals and for being truly fun and lovely and welcoming at the Engagement party. My heart goes out to Cue and Nathan for the wonderful times at the .2  X 25th Birthday Party. Kerry Cue you rock. But mostly thanks to my wonderful girls who kept telling me to stay, stay, stay, that there was nothing to worry about at home. And for missing me and being happy to say so. Love you guys.


Au Revoir Queensland, once again, it's been great knowing you and I'll be back xxxx

Love Janette
Love Janette

Popular Posts