My Real Men Brothers

Without Prejudice




Spending time with my brothers over the last 3 months has been excellent for me. They think in men's ways and as they are my brothers they tell me the truth. As men, I love that. All my brothers are very solid, prosperous and inspiring. They just tell it like it is and are used to hanging with me when we were young. They were my protectors. Every girl should have brothers and she should "Learn To Listen " which apparently I am not very good at.

They make me laugh though as the can still be complete bastards, also, as every sister knows. George is the kindest man and likes to challenge me to trivia questions, which he knows I will get right and more than him. It's a given as I have GENERAL KNOWLEDGE and he has specific. But what a hard working man he is, he comes in at night covered in grease and happy as a clam.

He is so habitual and organised. He is also a "clean freak" but then so am I. He loves the same music as me. Sad songs of love and poetry, especially Bob Dylan. He hated it when I said most of the stars then were on drugs. I told him a lot of the great thinkers were also big time "Smokers" of weed, and LSD trips.

Otherwise nothing creative would get done. Think about Frankenstein, (Laudanum) written by Mary Shelley, tripping on Laudanum. Anything by Picasso ???? Salvador Dali ???? Beatles, drugs, Rolling Stones, drugs.
"Sargent Peppers??? Drugs.
He was amazed that I had heard that Fly Down To Rio, by Mike Nesmith was an LSD trip he had. Listen to the lyrics,

"I'm HEARING the light from the window, I'm SEEING, the sounds of the sea" Only a person that has been on an acid trip would know what that means. He hates drugs and has never had a drink problem, he hates the taste as does my brother David.

Dave lives in a great big gorgeous house and is an inspiring and caring man. He loves to inspire, Dave, and he's bloody good at it. He inspires me every time I am with him and George is the realist. Keeping both our feet on the ground. He says he knows I am a good writer. I just have to not let my love for my girls not overwhelm me. I am a passionate person and love to rush in and help people. They know this about me as I was always shy and bringing home strays.

My big brother Ian lives in Darwin and I am not allowed to mention what he does. He was in the Army and went to Vietnam, so he will always be a hero to me. He's more remote as he is such a freaking genius, just like my Mum and Dad. Intelligence is inherited from the Father, and even though he could be a con man my Dad and wasn't the most faithful person in the world, he was a great Dad to have.

Of course they all have their own problems and the wealthy and comfortable lifestyles they have are a dedication to their hard work and sacrifice. They have all lost marriages and that hurts, but they just get on as they have to keep moving forward. Women grieve and Men replace.

It's not a great thing to go through a divorce, I know it hurts men more than women. Woen have girl friends they off load to, men just have to suck it up, as they are men. I know they don't "Just suck it up", they see it as failure,

One of them explained to me what a man will do for his wife and kids. Especially his "Wife", she is his best friend, the one he unloads on to,  and if she goes, they do realise what they miss. Men love to spend time with their women DOING things, together. And men can get very possesive about their wives.

If he's treating her well, she'll stay, but he has to treat her well. A woman likes to be treated in her home like she is the Queen of that home. And she should be. Women are soft creatures, most of them anyway, and their kids and their own needs have to come first. Because she is good at nurturing, usually, and better at love, social things and all that "stuff" men hate to deal with.


Then men get everything they ever wanted, and I admire that sort of ambition, I really do. And I get it that men are often taken for rides by unscrupulous women too, but it shouldn't make them so jaded. there are fabulous women out there, ones' that work hard for their man and their family, but the happiest wives are the ones that are valued and trusted and a mans best friend.

And I get how hard they work and I also admire that about men. As George said to me, recently,
Look at me and Dave, we are just a pair of "Shitkickers"

 he wonders how he arrived at where he is now. David too. Ian knows himself well enough. You know why??

 Because at heart they are decent, caring, kind and inspiring men, who LOVE, what they do.

Dave had a drunken yob come up to him at a Pub, recently,

"Who do you think you are ????? Living in that big house on the waterfront"
the man was drunk and an old school friend of my brothers,

David grabbed him in a head lock and said,
"Get fucked moron, while you were getting pissed and drugged up, I was out there working, Fuck Head !!"


Just saying............

Love you boys ,

Janette

Popular Posts