Gambling Addiction

Without Prejudice

I don't gamble, I have never understood the addiction, as I just don't gamble. It seems to be the worst sort of adddiction. My ex faince Nifty Nev, the Irish alcoholic was sometimes sober and was sometimes very wise. He knew all about addiction, he knew what it was that he loved and why and he was adamant he wasn't giving it up, which was a shame. But never the less,

He said, and I quote,

" Gambling is just one of the most awful addictions as people lose their houses, wives, kids over it, and it seems the simplest to cure, just don't go, they don't have to go in to those places, just drive past, walk past"

It did seem rather sad the way he put it, he felt that his alcoholism affected only him and if he chose not to marry or have kids, he was containing it. There are 45 people circling around an addict, 45 people whose lives are in chaos becasue of an addict. Thats a big drain on Society on the whole.

And addicts are a pain in the arse, they really are. I know loads that it makes miserable instead of happy. There is nothing happy or funny about addiction, I have been a round enough to know.

Popular Posts