Male Protection

Without Prejudice

I love decent Older men. I met one during the week, he was an older Indian man at the Dandenong Court (Don't ask, wayward child ) and he laughed when I said it. He said he had a "boy" just moved back home at 37, who's wife, ex wife is a baitch blah, blah. He's been there 7 months !!!!!!

He is despairing of his Son ever growing up. He's a Mummy's boy, he said and it is just as much her fault as mine. They gave him the best education, the best home life and he can't make it past 30 without messing up his life. I saw the sadness and despair in his eyes.

"We had to put up with everything!" he said.
"We couldn't just walk away when we felt like walking away, hell running away, some times" I smiled at him and knew exactly what he was talking about. Sticking with it when the going gets tough and knowing it will always get tough. That having kids and staying together is sooooooo hard but we do it. And though we shouldn't we stick together  for the sake of the kids, we do. We all do, or try our hardest at least.

The kids these days he said are used to affluence and are smarter in technology but not as wise as oldies who put up and shutup. tried to work things out with partners that were unreasonable and demanding. All men are work and all men think women are work. Sometimes we're all work!

But if you love that person and your family and are prepared to put aside ego and the usual self loathing we feel at times, life will be pretty fair to you. I've always found so. My brother said,
"I made a big mistake, with my kids, Janette"
"Mmmmmm"
"Gave them everything, biggest mistake ever, "

I was surprised to hear that coming out of his mouth, and I thought then to my own girls. We did have it all before Lauren died, but we didn't love each other by then. And we sometimes gave them too much as well but they are your kids. And that is not a great thing for kids to be around. Because even though you think they don't know, kids "know" if Mum and Dad are unhappy

Popular Posts