The Aftermath Of Jamies Death

Without Prejudice


After Jamies Death all was a bit of a blur. We kids were photographed by the press from Adelaide, standing in the front yard, it was blindingly hot and bright.
I remember very little, from then on except for the house where we were taken in the Adelaide Hills. It belonged to a teacher from school The lady there smacked me. I had never been smacked for anything in my life.



My Mother and Father came to fetch us after three months and Jackie told Mum I had been smacked. Mum went ape shit, Dad and Mum never smacked their children. as far as they were concerned violence or abuse was not part of their make up.



Mum ripped shreds off the lady and we left. I was never more glad of anything in my life.



While us kids were there we went to the switchboard that the lady manned. It was a room with a huge board with all plug in switches snaking on the end of black long wires.



we had a ball pulling them all out and rehooking up in other sockets. Oh, My God we got in so much trouble and that is when I was smacked on the legs.



Jackie wasn't, she was there. And the womans daughter. I was glad after that I had done it as that lady deserved to be punished and that was our way of declaring war on her and her snitch of a daughter.



Jackie and I would normally never do anything wrong, but my rebellion had started with Jamie and has continued to this day lol Nette

Popular Posts