Male Mentors

Without Prejudice

I love the men in my Family. My brothers are brother in laws are all great happy successful males in their own way. I have great Male Mentors for the boys. I help raise 7 of them as a main job and it's a job I love. I keep Mommy stable and happy and Mummy is stable and happy doing what she wants to do, which is raising kids. You don't have as many kids as Yvette if you don't love kids.

But we always wanted them to be decent boys so we take all the male help we can get. They say it takes a village to raise one boy, and we raise more than 7, we also help other male mates. My brother George is a fantastic example for the boys to follow. A loving, kind, hard working, funny, caring man. So is my brother David, he acts like an inspiration to these boys.

I think other men sense a "need" in boys that we woman can't provide. They need good male mentors that are decent hard working men, and tell them how to get through some of the tough times in life. Although when I questioned, Jai, at 14 what males talk about when together, he said
Nothing much, really, just dumb "stuff"

 My very honest Grandson males are also a bit lazy, he says that sometimes they can't even be bothered to speak. They are fighting war games and other "stuff" in their heads.

We've done pretty well so far on our own but now the time has come for at least 4 to become men. And we need Men now more than ever. We have to make sure that they are decent and caring and now it's up to the males we allow around them. These boys are vulnerable. Their Dad is loved by them but he remains a sufferer of alcohol and drug addiction.
. Anyway I'll leave it to the boys, they seem to be able to find some good male mentors all by themselves

The oldest has always had to take on the adult male role. He has fallen down many times, weighed down by society's expectation of him following in his Fathers footsteps. He's a great kid, he's hard working and mostly honest, Hmmmm but like all young males now at 22 wants to rebel. He wants to be a policeman, with a driving record and charge sheet like he's got, it's not going to happen.

Zachary also wants to be a Policeman and Jai is an army Cadet and Looooooooves it. He wants to go in the army, when he's older. I am gob smacked that Yvette and I thought we had the temerity to take on a task as big as this. Everyone expected them to turn out "losers" in their lives. But my brother George says that Yvette's boys are some of the nicest, well mannered, "boy" boys, he has ever met.

He's right, that's because their mother, single Mother of 7, most of the time, will not allow it and they are scared to death of her. That's because she is like Joy in My Name Is Earl. There is no way you can better that baitch, not when it comes to her "Boys". She gives them hell and then buys them hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas presents. She loves spoiling her boys.

They have the best of everything, which is lots of love and attention and Foxtel, Computers, Cars, they want for very little materially, as they have always been used to not much. And that's a good thing. They don't need everything. My brothers and brother in laws grew up poor and look at them now !!!

They love the fact that they have something to aim for. Dead beat Dad's we send a kiss and on their way, we love the fact that they gave us these boys to raise, and so far, it hasn't been too bad but now we need to step them up. I think it wouldn't hurt every male at 19 go into some sort of boot camp for 12 months. Wouldn't hurt them learing to follow rules and work as a team

Popular Posts