The Last Holiday

Without Prejudice



We drove, it was hot, oppressively so, dark, and we were lost before we were even out of Melbourne.

So long since we had made the journey, turns and signs had changed. He brought a six pack of beer and insisted I drink which I did as did he. The drink loosened our tongues and our tempers. I said,

"What are you doing giving me alcohol ?
"Jeff Straun said it would be a good idea!"
"What, you think that half pack of beer would be the "Cure" for our marriage ??
"Jeff said to buy a six pack. get you legless, sleep with you and you would be alright again "

I was dismayed at his pathetic attempt. I had expected more but it was not to be. I had said I was leaving him and taking the girls with me. So all of a sudden we had baby sitters galore for the girls, a new gas tank on the Jeep Cherokee. the second tank. And our reason for going was ostensibly to have a break from the Business.

Popular Posts