Cue

Without Prejudice



I have never known her not to be smiling and happy. She has a smile that lights up a room and is one of the most photogenic women I know. I have known her since she was 18 and came to Melbourne with my younger brother. She was and is a bundle of fun and sheer delight and we became firm friends from day one, Sadly, in the long term she and my brother didn't make it together, but they are both happy in their separate lives now.

No one could rock a bikini the way that Cue did. She was all of 18 when I first met her and wore a crocheted bikini, white, her bod brown and taut. No shoes! Ever, if she could help it. She was a Queensland girl after all. She could drive the Sandman better than my brother and no shoed drove it at the drags and won the best time over a specific length. She was fearless.

She also taught my girls to take no shit from bullies. In one memorable incident she knocked a boy off his bike and gave him a good hiding as he had hurt and bullied her niece to be, Yvette. She pretended to be a stranger and said she had seen what he had done to Yvette. She had the girls watching in the background as she taught the bully a lesson, so happy she did that for them.

I have never known anyone to dislike her. Her Dad, "Mr Not So Sqeezy" was the same. A man that loved life and people and no one more caring about his wife and daughters. He loved a drink, was funny and kind and he died tragically early, missed by all, he was a legend of a Man. Bless him.

Kez is now my "former" sister in law and I am greedy with my ex Sisters in Law, I love them, they are three of the best friends I have ever had, Kerrie Hanock, Karin Berry and Miss Cue. Kerrie I have known since she was a 6 year old with a tiny lisp. Karin since she was 15 and I was nearly 18. Karin is a rock, my rock and I love her kind advice and care. She rings me every anniversary of Laurens. her birthday, her anniversary and I am always touched.

Cue being legend I have known since she was 18, as I said and last night I went to her 25th times Two Birthday. It was a beautiful party, simple and unpretentious, just like her. I cried when she cried, her beautiful babies were there of course with their beautiful babies. Hell, we all cried. She's moved to Tassie now with partner Nathan and I miss her. Not however enought to brave the cold of Tassie as I am still sooking over Melbourne weather and am here in Queensland.

May she always sail a steady course, my darling Cue, and may she always be smiling.

Love Janette

Popular Posts