Sexy Bastard

Without Prejudice




I knew it would happen, knew it from the first time I looked in his eyes and saw something familiar. I knew his past and his present, every bit of his history, everything that had brought him to where he was. A familiar face from the past ? I stammered a little as the world tilted on its axis for a few jolting seconds. I gazed down at my vintage shoes, looked at my skirt as if it it held a mystery from the past. My past,  and I ran, making my excuses as quickly as I could.

I ran the stairs and settled back down, relieved to be away from that disconcerting gaze, those eyes, those powerful shoulders and thighs and I determined to look not again. he was out of reach, out of my league, and I carried on as though nothing had happened. I stared at my computer screen for a long time, not working, but pretending to. I was terrified to tell you the truth and I had no idea as to why. The whole encounter left me shaken and I buried myself in work the rest of the day.

The next morning I was in early and saw him engrossed in work and I fearfully logged into Google so I could look for a house. Then a voice said,
"Sprung", and I was !

He sat down beside me, powerful thighs hidden under taut black cloth and I kept my head averted as he spoke. I listened to what he said but kept my head averted the whole time, only peeking once at the thighs and quickly looked away again. he was danger, he was scary and I wanted no part of it. I knew those thing were forbidden, by me, by my circumstances, by time, by my forseen future of peace and quiet.

He thought I was a crack up, crazy, a challenge and I thought he was a spolied little rich boy and I wasn't going anywhere near that again. I had to just put up and shut up and so I did. Just shut down all my feelings and kept working and working, tiring myself in the search for a home and Purchasing role and kept my mouth firmly shut.

It was a lot of hard work to get a house and I had to tell a few lies to get it but in the end I did. It took a week of being away in Albury
, coming back, working the Saturday morning and dragging myself to one last real estate agent after work. the house I wanted had gone and I was so weary and disgusted that I just wanted to crawl home and pull up the doona. But I didn't. I went back to the Real Estate Agent and this time was in luck.

I had the house the next Tuesady night and moved in with just a mattress and a radio. I danced around the lounge room that night, by myself in delight. I was finally on my own and as I jumped and twirled I felt such happiness it threatened to consume me.

he and I then kept a witty banter that went back and forth like a ping pong match. One day match point to him and the next match point to me. We laughed at our hopelessness at relationships. I was getting over a broken heart and he was getting over a broken marrigae and we commiserated together at our own ineptnesses. I feared men, he feared women. What a pair. So we just remained friends but every so often I would wind him up and he me and that was that for three months.

We just circled and circled and one time he asked me out and I made an excuse, ditto the next time. I couldn't be bothered and needed time before I was going to dance the light fantastic again.

Popular Posts