Small Creatures

Without Prejudice



Flipped a tiny gecko today, accidentally on to his back and as I turned round to turn him up the right way, he had already done it, flipped from his silver underside and on to his tiny legs and ran for his life. The cane toad is not to be seen and I am glad as he terrifies me. he's only small but I hate frogs. He looked at me the other night as I rounded the corner and saw him bathibg in the sky of the Supermoon. I swore I saw his hooded eyes glare at me for disturbing his  contemplation and he plopped away.

I am told that if you spray them with dettol they die, but I don't want to do that. I whacked out with the broom instead and gave him a fighting chance, at least. They must be good for something but I am not sure what it is, maybe they just contemplate the moon in the protection of the tall palms. I like Qld but I don't like the "small creaures" it has.Those big flying beetles bug me too but I think they only come at Christmas Time, thnk God. I hate cocroaches as well and they will not die those things.

If there is ever a Nuclear Holocaust, I am sure those nasties will survive. Yvette and I tried to kill one once. We were living at Main Beach in a tiny hovel of a place but it was the location we wanted. Cockroaches abounded there and we had a huge one once in the bathroom.

We managed to grab a broom and toss it into the toilet and flushed and flushed but he wouldn't drown. Then we tried bleach and he turned white but still wouldn't expire. In the end we grabbed toilet paper and piled it in on top and finally he was gone. But we were careful ever after and always peeked in the loo before we sat. Contemplating nature took on a whole new meaning then.

I hate mice, spiders, ants, rats, everything that is furry, hairy or that skitters. I used to have cats that killed the "small creatures" readily, but why then do they have to rowl at the door and show them off to you. It seems cats love that game and only take their prized hunt away when you have admired it or shrieked at the cat to take it away.

One of my Sisters cats grabbed a snake once and the snake bit it. She looked at the cat when she arrived home and one side of his face was really fat. he had an Elvis sneer going on and had to be rushed to the vets and nearly died. And when I stayed at her place while they were overseas the gardener bounded up to my car, ashen faced.

"Don't go around the back", he said

"There's a huge python and I nearly trod on it" He trilled,  his voice piping with anxiety.

Great, I was there on my own for weeks and at first was too scared to go outside. Someone told me they can be 18 foot long and I would have died, peed my pants on the spot if I had ever seen it. I carried a small ruller every time I went outside. God knows what I was going to do with it if I did see it. Poke it in the eye.?

Luckily the python never made an appearance whilst I was there, they should invent anti snake spray or something. maybe dettol would work if I ever get close enought to blind it. urgh.

Popular Posts