Losing weight realistically

Without Prejudice



I went to Camp Eden 26th June 2011 and I have lost 24 kilos since then. ;and I kept it off. And it's all about the food. A lot less food. I learned so much that I hadn't realised I had absorbed until now. My doctor hugged me in January this year and he said,
"How did you do it ?"

And I said, Camp Eden.

He said it was "brainwashing" but a very GOOD form of brainwashing. And that the writing of the stories was cathartic.

I can't believe the person I was when I went to Camp Eden, my brother had to literally drag me on the plane and I cried all the way to Brisbane. Then I wanted to be left alone, lie in my brothers back yard and do nothing except let the sun seep into my bones.

Well my family is not like that and I had to be social when all I wanted to do was sloth. My younger brother had been to Camp Eden 12 months prior and raved about it and seeing I was tired and dispirited he booked me in for a 5 day stay. At first I was horrified and complained I didn't want him to spend the money but he inisted and I decided I would go.

I was determined to do my best as my brothers work hard for their money and I hate for them to spend it on me. But I saw the kindness behind the gesture and went.

I won't go in to the whole experience here but suffice to say when I came home, I had changed but the world hadn't. The World was just exactly the same. There was a sudden death, a family pet and the world was raw and exposed and ugly. I had been in a sheltered environment, the outside world had faded for a while. But it was back with a vengeance.

And in the next month I would forget all about my experience at the Health Resort. But a month later my brother would ring and so would Camp Eden and remind me of my goals made. Most of which I had written but not meant.

1. A lean brown healthy body.

2. Write a book.

3. Be in an exclusive relationship with a man. not live with just have a relationship with. I was caught on the back foot when they rang. I stammered and made excuses but I was busted. I had done nothing. I had eaten healthy. I has walked and not one pound had come off my fat butt. Apart from the 3 kilos I had lost while at Camp Eden.

I just started writing and writing and more writing. I was happy to get a hundred readers at first. Thrilled beyond measure. And one day I stood up and I felt lighter. I said to my daughter, who is tiny, thin, wiry.

" I feel like I have lost weight"
She said she could see it and I really started to watch what I ate then. She said to push through the starving starving feeling I would get I went around it all the wrong way. I just ate a lot less food. A whole lot less.

And I hate organised exercise so I danced, cleaned house after house. I made work for myself, running between house and unit. Making several trips instead of one. And the more weight I lost the more active I became. I lost 1 kilo a week, steadily until I was 60 kilos. People started to comment.

Then winter started early in Melbourne. My long awaited great grandson arrived 3 weeks early and I thought I am off to Queensland. Could only get a six month lease as the shortest rental.
But rents up here are very cheap and the winter is gorgeous. Sunny and warm with beautiful views of the bay, Moreton Bay.

And the sun is a friend to my body as it makes me happy and when I am happy I don't emotionally eat which I know I am prone to do. I grew up for a period of my life on the Gold Coast and I was never so well or so slim. So I knew to continue my weight loss and fitness journey I would have to go North.

My unit in Melbourne will be vacant for six months. I won't have to mow those bloody lawns again. Thank God. No more dog poo to pick up, no more freezing cold dark days,no more having to be inside when I want to be outdoors. Just beach, sand, sun, backyard with it's massive tree. No car needed, walk to everything. So much more healthy.

It's funny as I began my weight loss journey in Queensland and now I am in Queensland. Seems fitting somehow.

When you lose a lot of weight it's almost like you enter a secret club of other women. skinny women. Some women may congratulate you on your loss but most won't. Men will, boyfriends won't. It's a mixed bag of reaction and not all of them positive. You can't be bothered with others reactions or by others reactions. you just have to stay true to your own goals and some people will try and catch you unawares.

But just keep going and all the best.

Love Janette xoxo

Popular Posts