Being a Bastard 2

Without Prejudice






As I take the words out of my brain and on to the page there is healing. I cried when I was writing about A as she is the one daughter that hung on the longest with him. She was grateful for any crumb of affection and when he spoke to her in harsh ways she stammered in reply. A gorgeous little girl forever damaged by a bastard.

As a grown up he decided she was a thief as very painfully she had admitted to him she had a gambling problem. Money went missing from his credit card and naturally he blamed her and sent the Police to her house. She was hurt and humiliated beyond measure and she had to hire a Solicitor to clear her name.

When I asked why he thought it was her. He said that he had footage of someone withdrawing funds from his credit card. That the person's back of their head was "Big" and in case I didn't get the point,
"You know, Big, Like her"
I was sickened, her own Dad talking of his child in such a manner, the one that was still loyal to him when the rest of us had turned away.

It didn't matter then that his new wife was "Big", also or had he overlooked that fact. He hated Big even though he was "Big", a good six stone more than when I had first met him. A fat belly that was rock hard, belted in and bad clothing where once he had been a picture of sucess with good fashion and a good haircut. He had once been very handsome and when I see photos of him now, he looks like God gave him the face that he deserved, finally, bitter and even more bitter.  A "Hard done" by Man.

After we split he was going out with a "Crazy Girl", who he totally fell for and she was a nightmare. She would do anything to impress him and offered his teen girls speed and slipped it in his coffee when he wasn't looking and laughed about it to them. She attached a gram bag of it to each of his teen girls Easter Eggs and they didn't know if they were awake or asleep and with lots of plans and cunning I got them out of his house and home to me and then had them checked out for Hep C and Aids.

A was completely paranoid for 12 months and at times I thought her fragile mind was never going to recover but it did. His foster daughter was sent to do "burgs" with boys that stayed at the house and were enamoured with his girlfriend as she supplied drugs for free. They all stayed in the one room and the first one I was able to grab was my grnadson K. who was 2. His Mum, my 2nd oldest daughter Y soon came after him and then the two of us were able to persuade the other two to leave as well.

A, 17,  terrified and paranoid, we were able to persuade to jump for her life over the back fence and head for the nearest Service Station where Y picked her up. Y after speaking to her had armed herself with a knife and was determined to use it if necessary. She had tried going there before in the car, my car, and he had smashed all the windows and roof in with a baseball bat, knowing his own daughter was in there. he was a madman.

A, remembers running for her life, her heart beating out of her chest as she thought he would be running after her once he knew she had escaped. His excuse being that he had no idea what the Girlfriend was doing, but my Foster daughter said he did and was happy to take their stolen goods he had sent them to fetch. My Foster daughter was more street wise and even she came on board as quickly as possible realising that what he was doing was terrible, she was just 15 by then.

I am tryimg to list these things not in just a long litany of complaint, these things happened and he managed to keep a cover of respectable businessman and concerned Father throughout these times. I was the "Nut Case", I was the bitter one and not to be believed. I started to go crazy when I saw the girlfriend in the main street of Dandenong one day and denounced her as feeding drugs to kids. The girls at home trying to recover from his and her actions. His little girls that he had sworn to protect and look after. They were rocking from their baby Sisters death and had so much more than grief to deal with.

So many bad things happened once they were free of him that my oldest daughter and I packed them on to a bus headed for Queensland and my loving Dad who lived on a farm at Jacobs Well, miles from anywhere. At last the 3 girls were clean, free of drugs and A returned to melbourne after a year and to her would be husband. She has been fine ever since as he took her under his wing and loved and protected her.

My foster daughter too returned to Melbourne, clean and sober and Y and my grnadson now 3 stayed for another 2 years. I had joined them six months after they had left as I wanted to be around my grandson and his well being at that time was my main concern. Y was stable and happy too and we were able to put the past firmly behind us and just raise K as we had always wanted to.

Bizarrely my ex husband came up to Qld then at Christmas that year and I thought at first he was there for a reconciliation. The girlfriend had ran off with one of his workers who was to die later in a sole car accident and she was supposed to have jumped off a bridge here in Brisbane. They left a child, a boy, who was raised by the boyfriends parents. I was never sure how all that panned out or whether to believe it as the girlfriend was really nuts and had stated she had already had a child, called James and he died. Her last name being reien was a bit too convenient, James Reine.

I think she was a fantasist and she came to see one time and when I kooked in her eyes I realised the lights were on but no one was at home. She could have been as young as 17 or as old as 29, she told so many lies it was hard to believe  anything she said. She was to cause major damage to us all



To be continued....................................

Popular Posts