In The Remembering

Without Prejudice

It's not always sad in the remembering. There is also peace, joy and beauty. I loved her, we loved her. When I play a special song I cry a little but it's not always a bad thing. I will always cry a little. A Mother's grief lies just under the skin. Cut it and it spills out. But the tears, thanks to wonderful Mother Nature, contain a sedative that calms. Otherwise we couldn't go on.

I have three other girls and I love them with a passion. They urge me on. They always have. They too are tender in the remembering and without them, well I can't imagine being without them. They give me hope. They shelter me from harm. They are always there for me and I consider myself a very rich and lucky woman.

I have known love like no other and for that I can't thank them enough. They are beautiful to me and their babies, what can I say. I didn;t ever realise there was such love in the world. It makes me a better person in the world as I am filled with love and not hate. I want a better world for them, I don't want them to go through anything like we have been through.

I always wanted kids, a lot of kids, and I was blessed and lucky to have them. And now as the family grows and grows I stretch out my arms to more and more. Even when I am by myself I greet others kids and want to hug and kiss them. I haven't met a bad one yet.

Children delight me in their wonder at the world, even a baby seems to be trying to make sense of the world. Their innate intelligence delights me, their curiosity, their sleeping faces, their naughtiness. My Mum was the same, she had 7 and forever after said,

"Kids ! I should have had a dozen !"

Kyle was the first and he was "My whole world" and one time when I ticked him off, he said and I quote  at 3.

" Nana, I'n not your whole world anymore "

"Good", I replied, "Now get to bed, you little shit "

For ever after I was not happy until he was safe, warm and in a clean bed. Then and only then would I be satisfied. He's a Dad himself now and he is in love with his baby boy, devoted and I knew he would be. He cried when Andrej was born and immediately looked like a big powerful Man. no longer a boy.

We put a lot of pressure on him to turn out well, We the 5 little ladies that raised him. He thought he had 5 Mothers at the start and was confused. But we pushed him towards Yvette for the raising and supported her in that. He could not have been better off.

Popular Posts