Having fun and messing up

Without Prejudice





I can be very serious, too earnest and I tend to lecture, to harangue even with my anal controlling anxious personality. I can be the original "Henny Penny". Deb, my oldest big chick this year decided that this year 21012 was going to be our year to not take things so seriously and have some FUN. Good old fashioned fun.

We bounce off each other on Facebook, I put something ridiculous she comes back with worse. We never ever let people know what really goes on. Deb tongue in cheek, will say she is leaving her rotten hubby this week, she'll say he's a bore and none of it is true.  We just love getting the reactions. We have a mutual friend who puts up the most disgusting stuff and we admire her chutzpah.

Otherwise we find it gets too mundane and inane. We vent as well and when we vent we really vent and then forget it. Suck it up Princess is also one of our mottos. Life is hard at times, marriages are especially hard for independent women, we know that. There are still so many old fashioned restrictions on women that women learn to be devious, to get what they want in all sorts of roundabout ways.

But when we get together as women now, my girls and I, including grand daughters and grand daughter in law, we are feral. We swear, play music, discuss babies and girl stuff, eat and drink and get rotten tipsy, we have FUN, in other words. Just fun. We complain about men, we compare body issues and clothes and makeup, movies, music. We dance to old songs and watch movies from the 80's.

We go out and dress up in agonising heels that we will bear the pain of until evenings end. We dress for other women always so we have to look sexy and smart, men don't matter on nights out, we aren't there for them. We are there for us. To dance and gossip and catch up with other women and support each other. Women always support each other.

A good friend will tell you when you look not at your best and demand you lift your game with a look or a glance or a word. We do the same thing back. I have girlfriends and family relationships people from when I settled in Melbourne at 16. My U.K. friends I have been back to see about 3 times and its always good.

I have Karin, who was married to my brother, and have had her as friend since she was 15 and I was 17, almost 18 and about to have my first baby. Then I met Laure, my ex hubby's old fiance, older than me by 4 years, then Robyn, the teacher and neighbour, who is almost 9 years older than me, Sylvia, wild woman and neighbour, also older by 9 years.

 Then I met Kerry Cue, who was 18 and girlfriend to my brother, now divorced. Kerry is 10 years younger than me I have had Jackie, my sis all my life, Jackie is 4 and half years older, and Helen my younger sister is younger by 14 years. I have a huge network of women that surround me, my grown daughters now as well, my ex hubby's sister Kerrie, since she was a lisping little girl of 6 and I was 16.

I love Helena Eddy, she was my boss at John Sands and at first I thought she was a stuck up snob and she thought I was "loud" and over friendly.

She told me when she first met me I would walk into the room and say, loudly,
"Good Morning" in a happy voice,

she said it took two days and suddenly she was saying,
"Good Morning", to everyone.

She and I became firm friends. I am slightly psychic and so is she, I told her one day I had had a drema she was holding a newborn boy with blonde hair and she was crying and saying,
"Isn't he beautiful ???"

She looked at me like I was insane but two years later that is exactly what happened. She thought she was a career girl at 28, her life mapped out. She was a Boss, she was shy I found out and a great accountant and still is. It's harder to catch up with her but I have known her 15 years.

Karin is my rock, she is always sensible and my son in law, Dean and I introduced her to Edgar who is now her husband. Dean and I had top table at the wedding with Mrs B, Karins Mother. I never broke friendship with Karin after the divorce from my brother, nor with Kerrie Hancock, my ex husbands sister nor his Mum. I also stayed friends with my other Sister in law, Kerrie Cue who used to be married to my younger brother.

What they do behind closed doors married couples is entirely their business and I need not either judge or condemn as I am so imperfect that it would be laughable to do so. Anyway I love them all and that's my business.

I love all my girlfriends and have had shit fights with them and they me and yet we remain solid. I have found some old friends on Facebook, which is delightful. But my best friends are my 3 remaining daughters. I love them and am proud of them and I really do love their company as friends and forget the Mother daughter thing, they are always my BFFFFFF's xoxo

Popular Posts