Beyond Bastardry

Without Prejudice


It was hard to believe that we would go through worse after Laurens death but we did. And a lot of it was down to "him", he couldn't stand to be rejected. The girls told me at the Factory he had a dummy of me dressed in some of my clothes and he would froth at the mouth as he described what a filthy slut I was and what men did to me, according to him. A.had slipped up and said I had met someone, a nice someone who had a great vintage Valiant car that shone immaculately. The man was a great guy, half Italian and worked where I worked. I went out in a group for his birthday and asked along a friend for the Italian but half way through the night he told me he wasn't interested in her, he was interested in me. I was shocked as I had never looked at him like he was boyfriend material. I was at the first job outside of our business and was used to being Boss, not employee. The friend and I caught a cab with him back to his house and he treated us like special guests. His house was stunning, large and clean. He made us chicken and we had many drinks and then my friend and I made moves to go as the sun came up. He asked me to stay and I told him thanks but no thanks, I wasn't that type to cotton on to a guy at first meeting and he seemed OK with that. He was a night tanker driver and was a great employee and I didn't see why I would rock the boat. he rang me a few weeks later at home and told me his grown Son I had also met that night had chicken pox of all things. We talked, he asked me out and this time I went. He called into the house in Keysborough to pick me up. It wasn't important I thought, that he met me there , as I had been separated for 12 months from Bob but in the end it was to be a huge mistake. The girls greeted him and liked him and we all went out together to Lasers and had a ball. He was dressed immaculately in dark pants, gleaming R.M. Williams boots, shirt and leather jacket. We had such fun and I was determined that I would go out with him again at some later stage. I barely saw him at work as he came in to work usually after I had left or just before. The man in charge of the Tankers, Joe had a silly crush on me and I knew he was married and didn't encourage him. We, the Italian and I kept it quiet about seeing each other out of respect for Joe and the big boss, who we knew would not like it. We went out again and he drove the tanker down my street one night and told me to hop in and we took off on a his normal delivery run. It was fun and he was a mad Collingwood supporter and so was I and Collingwood won the flag that Saturday so there were celebrations all over, including at our house. He stayed over and we celebrated the next day. He loved the girls and had brought snacks and beer and we partied like there was no tomorrow. I had a row with A who was just 15 at the time and it turned ugly with her and her sisters really quickly. She ran out of the house and threw a brick through the window and the other girls grabbed her and beat her up and she grabbed a knife. A had never been like this and we were shocked. I ended up having to call the Police as she would not let go of the knife and Child Protection came around and took her with them. She went to live with her Dad at the Factory and M joined her for a day or so. A and M then told Bob, quite innocently about the great guy I was going out with, bragged about his immaculate car and then everything went belly up. he rang me, screaming at me and threatening me. I could not understand his attitude. For years he acted like he hated me and then when I was finally moving on he just went berserk. We had been separated for almost a year and years before that we hated each other, but I was not allowed to go out with anyone else apparently. I thought his screaming and abusing me would be enough, but he hadn't finished yet, not by a long shot. We went out the girls and I and baby Kyle to the Italians house on the Saturday night. he had taped Hey Hey it's Saturday for us as the girls had been in the audience a few weeks before. We walked in and as was his custom he kissed the baby and me and all the girls. He was a very affectionate Man and I liked that about him. I had been affection starved for years. He walked us to the car after, we had borrowed Deb's car as mine had been taken by Bob. The LTD, belonged to the Business, he had said. Something was wrong with the car in the foggy evening we didn't know what it was at first but we realised it had been spray painted in black with words like Slut, Bush Pig, Bitch, Cunt and we couldn't believe it. I thought teen kids had done it. The Italian pulled me aside and said it wouldn't be my ex hubby by any chance and I was shocked. No way I replied, he wouldn't do this. He had no idea,  of where the man lived or anything, so I thought. We raced home and drove the car into the garage and pulled the roll a door down and cleaned the paint off as it was still wet. we were panicking a little as it was Debbie's car. We told her what had happened when she arrived home and she agreed with me that my ex hubby would not do such a thing. So we didn't say anything to anyone. The Italian's son was then rung up at home and threatened and the house, his house, was broken into and then there was a call from someone threatening him. Dumbly I asked how he knew it was my ex and he said that the caller had stated he was to stop sleeping with "his wife". No big guess about who it was then. I couldn't believe my ex would threaten the mans child but I refused to allow him to intimidate me or the man I was going out with and then it got a whole lot worse..... To be continued.........

Popular Posts