Alena Jane

Without Prejudice

She's beautiful, Alena, she doesn't think so, but she is. She glows. her skin, her hair and inside is a heart of outstanding beauty. She doesn't see what I see as I sit in front of her. She is a voluptuos woman, her skin always tanned, her dress always immaculate. Her eyes shine at me, she has unbelievable eyes Alena, a green blue that evoke memories of clear blue tropical sea. And they are big, Pure, a see through prism like gazing through a lens.

She glows, Alena, she just glows, she is a happy woman, she loves her life, and it shows in everything she does. She was worried about me writing my blogs, but she needn't worry. The past is the past and I only mention it as reference to the future. Alena is everyone's friend and she helps so many people, she's like a computer, storing facts, like me.

We call her the walking encyclopedia of Social Services, she should be a counsellor.And inside her fast brain, her facts are retained. so she will help others by helping them, housing, money, time, she gets help for people and I love that about her.

She was a stunning baby, like a little Eskimo, chubby cheeks and lots of black hair and from day one, everyone loved her, adored her, especially her Dad.He couldn't get enough of her as she was always happy and placid, she ate, I breast fed her and Bob would deliberately walk by distracting her and she would turn and look at him, but not letting go of my nipple, great! A strong lusty baby who finished both sides of breast milk, in ten minutes and that was with " "burping" her as well. I had to give up feeding her when she bit me a few times and she went straight on to sandwiches, gumming them down, as she saw her older sisters doing.

She would sleep for Australia as a baby and just ate, slept, woke up, smiled a bit like Cruz, Yvette's seventh boy. Everytime she did wake as a toddler, she would say,
"I waked uo now"
And her smile would melt your heart, so happy to be awake, delighted to face the day.

She had a husky voice, sitting in the bath, calling Bob Bob, never Dad, just Bob.
And when she could get up and walk, she ran, our little naughty one, one day putting her new front teeth through her lips three times as she fell, ran, fell, got back up, we called her "Hell on Wheels", she was so excited about everything, shaking her hands and pointing, before she could speak.

And I had to have her minded when I had my stomach, cosmetically tightened, OMG, and she was 4 and she sat on my bed and chatted and said she was staying with Mum, in hospital and her cries as Sharon Frost distracted her and took her home, echoed through to my room and I sobbed.She wanted Mum so much.
"I just want to be with Mum", she screamed and I hated not being with her>

But she ran and inspected and loved and cheered every one up, as she was so funny and dry witted, and rascally, her Dad said to her once.
"Who took all the lollies out of the Show Bags??
Alena and Lauren lined up near the heater,
Alena spoke first, her cheeks fat with lollies,
"Ask Lauren!"
She was a demon at getting what she wanted, there is no can't in Alena's life, she will always get what she wants, no is just an obstacle to be lifted or gone around. I adore Alena, as I do all my girls, but Alena is lusty and strong as she always was. The little girl dancing around the lounge room, singing Baked beans, hot baked beans by Mother Goose. and Mickeys arse Club.

Terrified bu The Incredible Hulk, but would insist on watching it from behind the couch, (Remind you of anyone???)

One time when older, she rescued my foster daughter from "Evil"
Mars Bar had disappered and Alena tracked her down to Adelaide, rang me, I said ring your Dad and she did. We knew he had a Police Chief friend, and eventually MB came back to Victoria, boyfriend who was in trouble, gone, and she was lost. So Alena went looking for her.
She knew Mara was on H, so she went to all the dealers in Dandenong, telling them not to sell to MB. And asking if they knew where she was.

She found her eventually in a "druggie house" in Doveton.
Every day she would turn up, waitng in the car with the baby and honking on the horn, Alena doesn't go into those sort of houses. And every day MB, would tell her to go away, and she wouldn't. She wouldn't give up and eventually MB went with Alena in the car, and her and Dean watched her like hawks, for 12 months and she got off "the Gear", the minute she went with Alena. Alena wouldn't even let MB go to the toilet on her own.

I asked MB what had been her turning point, there is alway a bottoming out to addiction, and she said, short and sweet
"Alena!"

Alena "dogged" MB until she eventually found her way, and it was the best thing Alena did for someone, not the only, one , but she saved a life and went on to save many more. Mine, the little child she pulled from the sea, drowning, no parent to be seen. Mine, because her and all around her give me reason to exist, in love




Love Mum

Popular Posts