Boyz To Men

Without Prejudice

What most people don't know about me is my best job ever. I help to raise 7 boys to Men. Yvette and I have always been single Mothers together. She works better and so do I if the boys are our main welfare, I back her up and expect her to do a lot herself. And some things she can't do, so I do them.

So now the most comfortable way we have of running it is I write every day for at least 8 hours, she leaves me alone till I am done. Writing is like a job, and it's always intense, so I turn the phone off.We catch up at morning tea time and lunch. Then we leave each other alone until we are ready.

Catch up on things that need to be done for the boys, paperwork, phone calls, shopping, monies owed and divvied up. Then we separate again and I might wander in to her house when I am feeling like chaos and noise and hugs from babies, and Yvette is always so proud of them.

We work well together, she being practical and me dreamy. I've down the office jobs, sitting on my butt for 40 hours, doing the work in the first hour and then trying to look busy the rest of the time.

I learn so quickly and then get bored with it, so now the only thing that suits me is writing and looking after kids. the more the merrier. Although I think it's time she stopped, and did something else.

The boys are at needy ages, 16, 15, 13, 7, 3 and 1. Cruz learning to walk, Acer just loving life as a naughty little 3 year old, who worships his sibling, Kyan. Kyan being a little smarty panys lately, so he needs pulling in to line a little.

Jai is great, 13 and happy as long as he has enough games to play and at least one friend over. Brock is a mumbling, testoterone fuelled 15 year old and he hates the world.

Zach, quiet, dignified, neat Zach is an Angel. Kyle lives in a unit with his 'best girl' and is Kyle, extroverted, funny, caring, a devil, and is always up to something, another car, working 7 days a week, buying an Audi now and he's 22.

12 months ago, his life rock bottom.

And if they are all OK, I am ecstatic,

I took a big back step to be here, before I was working in Purchasing, days long, travel a nightmare, and no family. I needed a family. So I adopted one and now I couldn't be happier.

They are my core and then I have all the girls as well, so even though problems come and go, challenges come and go at heart I am a care giver, a writer, an observer and a very happy woman





Love Janette

Popular Posts