Old loves--The darling heart

Without Prejudice

I rang my old fiance's mum In Ireland last night. And my old "darling heart" has MARRIED, a year ago. Nev who said he would never marry, wonder if now he will have kids, another thing he never wanted.

I hope he does and I am delighted for him. A nice girl of Italian descent, Never say never.

We had a great time when we were together Nev and I, going to reland 3 times, his Mother a grand lady. And he was good to me.

 I told his Mum not to tell him I had been in contact, best to leave the past in the past.

But I said I was delighted for him, as Neville always needed someone to look after him and he'll be good to her.

At that time when I first went out witth Nev he left his girlfriend of 8 years, for me. He always paid her the greatest respect and called her his ex Darling.

 I was still going through a divorce and I took out a lot of angst on him, poor boy.He was only turned 30 and I was 42, but he always made me feel adored.

He had no baggage and I had heaps but he soothed me and helped me and in the end it was a mutual amicable separation.

One day, he just said,
"Janette, don't ask me to ever stop drinking"

and I was glad he finally acknowledged he had a problem. So refreshing, after 10 years of denial.

And I had grown kids that needed me still and he wasn't a kid person, though he did try.

So vale to lost old loves and thanks to Dave. my old boss at Brash's Southland for playing this song ad infintum Xmas 1982.



I will always be grateful to Nev for his love and affection And good luck to him and I will attach one of his favourite songs, not Charley Pride Or Kris Kristofferson or Paul Young





Always Remembered, The Little Wastrel, one of his ex "Darlings"  xoxox

Popular Posts