Bonnie

Without Prejudice

She sleeps.... she is so tired now and old. A noble dog, a beauty, always defending the back garden and her boys. And they won't let us put her down and it's more than Yvette and I can bear. They insist she dies in her sleep and she is not in any pain, But Yvette and I can't handle it, not coming so soon after Mandy's funeral. Bonnie, the climber of trees in the old park, and she was Yvette's protection. She came as runt from Cindy's litter and never ever grew too big, always skinny just like her Master, Yvette.

In 11 years she has only once tried to take a chunk out of the 7 boys and Yvette made her bow down to her and she gave her a smack. She never did it again. We are constantly in tears, tears of grief, I don't want one more thing to die, so many, so many this Month.

And I have lost my phone and I don't care, I don't want to deal with anything, no calls, nothing, I just want to lie down with Bonnie and pat her and hold her to life, And she sniffs my hand too exhausted to eat and I know, just know, she's tired, no babies for Bonnie, she never liked male dogs. But so many poignant and loyal and loving and fun memories. it's not going to be long and the boys all come out to speak to her and pat her, and I can't till I get myself together, the evening so beautiful, heavy with warmth. The boys have taken her in the house now and she sparks up, her boys and Yvette. And Yvette said we will keep a spot for her inside and put up with the doggy stench

Love Janette

Popular Posts