Yvette The Giant Slayer

Without Prejudice



Yvette, tiny as she is can pack a wallop, pregnant or not, she is a lean mean fighting machine and she is relentless and funny with it. One time I had to evict some people from her house. Yvette had been in Qld, we rented out her house to a friend of mine and his girlfriend. My good friend then decided to pay no rent and Yvette was staying with relatives and wanted back in her house.

We had no written agreement, just a hand shake deal. But she had called in to the house, 3 people there, 2 drunk as lords and 1 she said looked like a junkie. She wanted me to drop everything and get over there.

"Why me", seriously, "why me "?????

So I went to the house, Yvette was there, a shadowy figure in the background. My friend was very drunk, as was his girlfriend and some "Dude" that was reeling around on something. We decided to put an end to the little party, I called Fred in and said I didn't like his friend and he was to remove him, the man looked like he was a member of the cast of "Trainspotting". Fred pissed, said no way, the girlfriend popped her head in the door and then the junkie man came in and started yelling, idiot.

I told them what for but there were 3 of them, one of me and we really had a heated row,
The Junkie, saying we had to go as Fred was paying the rent on the place, and I replied,
"Well, that's the issue isn't it Fred, you haven't been, 3 months, no rent. "
Fred didn't reply and the stupid junkie man started calling me names, my legs started shaking with adrenalin, not a good sign, ever.

And suddenly striding across the room came Yvette, she was up on her toes and she looked 10 feet tall, powerful, she lunged across to the Man looking like she was in her seven league boots.
"Who the **** do you think you are **** speaking to my Mother like that, you ***** low life piece of *****" And as she passed me she whispered,
"Don't worry, I've called the police"

We had them out immediately the Police came, they weren't interested in the others stories, house Yvette's, bums out. Yvette and I high fived each other and went and got the 4 boys..

Another time, she had been to my house to borrow my car as she had been hit in her car by a Man, who had only been in the country, one week, he didn't understand our road rules.

Yvette is one really good driver for a female, sneaking the LTD out of the drive one night, picking up a friend from the airport and tucking the car away, we none the wiser, she was 14.
She told us years later. But her driving was accurate and fast. She was distraught by the accident, but the car was insured, kids ok, she had a nasty burn to her hand from the airbags going off.

The night was brutally hot and she headed off with the 5 boys in "Cedric", my old blue bird Station Wagon, Neville had given me after a trade in. I still had my Hyundai Excel, brand new. Yvette no sooner pulled out into the road and the police pulled her over, no tail light and speeding. The man and woman waving her over in Heatherton Road, she parked on the nature strip and then she threw herself on the ground, face down screaming,

"That s it, I've had enough, take the car, take the kids, I've had ENOUGH! Handcuff me now" and she held out her hands backwards,

" Cuff me now, I'd rather be in jail, no car, all these kids, I'd be fed, sleep, come on cuff me"

Kyle said the whole neighbourhood would have heard.

They let her off.

The doe eyed 5 kids staring out from the car and with that, she drove back to my place to tell me what had happened, eyes gleaming, delighted with herself.

16.10,2011

Bonnie our Queen dog died today, brave and dignified to the last. I write this for Yvette because she is inconsolable. Bonnie her "Girl" for 11 years and so very regal she was, I just want to crawl away and die for the next week.
We knew she would die soon and we kept trying to drag out the time, just a little more time.
But Bonnie as ever chose her way and we only grieve so much because we loved her so much.
And she cries and cries and I am helpless. Yvette only tough on the outside, not on the inside xoxox
Love Mum xoxox

Popular Posts