Happy Family Times

Without Prejudice

I can't think of any, we must have had them, but I can't remember any.

For the first few years all we did was have four kids and work.

B didn't take a holiday for 12 years, Saturdays and Sundays worked, we never went on a Picnic and that I couldn't understand.

We did things at top speed, all the time. It was soooooo nice when it stopped. We did take a holiday once, when he thought I was leaving and I had already met someone else.

He took me on a trip to Queensland, Hervey Bay and Surfers and by the time we drove home, I couldn't speak to him. Wouldn't, couldn't. He had begun the journey with a six pack, as someone had told him to get me drunk.

I miggt be more amenable. I wasn't. We both tried, he bought me a huge basket of Paris, perfumes and powders and the photo he took shows me posing behind the basket, bigger than my head.

We drove four wheel drive at Rainbow Beach with our brand new Jeep Cherokee, Having to stop and let air out of the tyres. We went to Fraser and took the jeep. It was lonely and isolating and all I wanted to do was go home.

I could keep up the patter with Bob, the Stepford Wife, it was a role I was used to.

We saw a couple in a vicious fight on Christmas Day, as we ate our Christmas Day dinner. A man walking into the Restaurant and slapping a Woman across the face in front of us,
"Ya Bloody Bitch , he said.

She sat there with her kids, crying.

We went to see Fatal Attraction and B said Glenn Close looked too thin. Saying she had the type of body that should have more weight on. He had a friend who wanted a big fat woman as his wife as his wife was a stunner and he always thought she would stray, which she did, shamelessly.

He would always be coming home with Red Rooster and staying with me to make sure I ate it and flakes and mars bars. He ate a lot too, huge breakfasts, as a young man he had once eaten 12 poached eggs in one sitting.

Big dinners, I cooked of roast, steak, with mounds of vegies,no onions,  Sweets, steamed jam pudding or Caramel and Vanilla ice cream with 9 o'clock suppers of jatz crackers with butter, salt and tomato, slices. He loved his food and he always said he taught me to cook and he didn't.

We had lots of diiner parties and he would brag a bout my cooking
"No one can pull a meal out of the air like Janette, and cook it as quick. Which was true.

He would always make Sunday Breakfast a huge meal, he made it all and it was yum. So nice to not have to cook for once.

I remember runnin g around the house once with hoses and we had wet exhausting fun with the girls that day. But all I can remember was the work, and photos of me taken I look unhappy, really unhappy.

G always says I show it in my face, anger or frustration with people, but I can't lie. I wish I could.

I will try and be more serene and I am, I just don't like time wasters or people who think you are a fool.

Love Janette

Popular Posts