On Writing 5 Murder

Without Prejudice

Steven King sets an excercise in his book "On Writing". It's thinking of a scenario, where a woman sits quietly in her home, her crazed ex has escaped from a mental hospital, she hears a noise on the stairs and turns, her crazed ex standing on the staircase, the children asleep upstairs.

Then reverse it, change genders and then write the story. It's really good. Mine was really funny, the woman turning into a 300lb monster and dying and falling on him. I think, it's a bit of fun.

It's a good exercise in writing to see how weird or funny or dramatic you can make it. And it says something for stereo types that the woman is usually the victim and we find it strange to imagine the same scenario for a man.

One of my brothers could tell you a tale or two about female, "Fatal Attraction", he swears off them as he says
"its always comes down to the money, always,

And he has paid out 3 and reckons thats enough, which makes me sad as he doesn't want to try. Aren't there iron clad pre nups now, and choose better, make up for past mistakes, and become a different person. ?? He said women launch themselves at him, non stop, not because he's fantastic, just because they think he's rich. he can't get over it, but he seems very happy.

He doesn't realise he is also a very nice man and they probably attracted to that and not his wallet. That must be hard, not trusting, assuming people are after your money, but it exists. Guess thats just a down side to an otherwise lovely life.


Singledom has loads going for it, it's exciting and fun, and you can do whatever you want, when you want, and I like being near the kids as I can have a fix of family, whenever I want. And then shut the door to them.

But he's adamant, my brother, just wanting his own company. I can't be like that. I have to be happy with my family and myself and then someone else would be like the icing on the cake and I think of the fun you could have. But then I don't have anything to lose, except my attitude, controlling and bossy, as they tell me, not the perfect way to be.

Back to the Steven King Exercise


And I can only write the story from my viewpoint, which tends to be cynical, so I have to get out of my comfort zone and imagine I am a man. And I would not want to be one. Women are on the whole more nurturing and caring and men go off and fight the world. No, not for me.

I like being female and I love shoes and clothes and perfume and did I say, shoes?????

Men don't realise that's what we mainly think about, and our bodies, if our body is in sync, we are happy. Oh, and kids, we think a lot about kids and how to make sure we are doing a good job.

I have lost 3 dress sizes in the last month, I saw another girl from Camp Eden on the news and she was the same, lost a lot of weight. I'm still fat, though, and have way more to go, but I'm just excited at fitting into clothes I haven't worn for ages.

And now my smallest jeans look huge and everything looks huge. I might as well make the most of it, and exercise more, my arms are aching from push ups.

One of the girls at Camp Eden told me there are 3 exercises to remember, push ups, as many as you can manage every day, chin ups, same, and squats, that's it.

And good organic healthy food, lots of fruit, tons of vegetables, lean chicken, tuna and you are expected to cheat, every day, 20%. or you will binge.

I did it too hard at first and had no energy, but now I have boundless energy, and find it hard to sit still to write. The energy coming from the weight loss and I know I will have more if I start walking, running,

And it's silly to imagine myself as a Man but I do it and I do see what it's like for men, more sexual, more predatory, more impulsive,
"Men have horrible thoughts", one man once said.
"And all men want to be Gods"

Pretty dark stuff, but Steven King says everyone has a dark side and a healthy way to release it is to read, gory horror stories, the real life murders, and I am glad as I love those books.

Real life crime, disgusting, The Snow Town Murders one of the worst and my daughter told me not to watch the Movie. But I am always curious,
"What makes those people tick, what happened to them when they were kids or are they like the Yorkshire Ripper, bad, not mad, Just evil, and how it exists.

My Stepmother met him, The Yorkshire Ripper, Peter Sutcliffe, she was the one that said he was bad not mad. He knew what he had done, and he didn't care at all. I heard someone blinded him with a pen in jail.

Prisoners have their own code and it's strict, I'm not sure whether they ever really escape it, jail,
the worst, the loss of freedom and they feel it.

But if they are smart they learn the lesson and don't go back. Once they are out having to work a lot to catch up, if they don't, it's back in and slamming their heads in to the wall for being so stupid.

I wonder at the psychology of someone like Ted Bundy??? and Debbie Harry was sure she would have been one of his victims, except she saw the interior of the car had been ripped out and backed away, sensing something strange.

Thats ny view point too, always be on the cautious side,
"When you see Crazy coming, cross the street"

Love Janette

Popular Posts