Being a Bastard-Beyond Belief

Without Prejudice

Alena and Mara rushed into the McFarlane Street house, out of breath from running. They found Yvette in the kitchen feeding Kyle mashed vegetables,
"Get out Yvette, we've just scratched Stephanie's car"
Yvette looked at them quietly, their faces were rad from running and they were acting crazy
"What do you mean, you've scratched Stephanies car.

My ex husband was going out with some nut case who no one was sure of or understood, I did I'd met her and had already decided the lights were on and no one was home.
Mara had her breath back first.
"We saw Stephanie's brand new Celica parked in the main street and we scratched it all over, just like he did to Debbie's car. Words, slut, bush pig, he'll come here, we know he will so we're off, come with us, we have to get out"
Yvette said,
"No, he doesn't know where we live " and the girls fell silent.

They took off anyway leaving Yvette on her own with Kyle, who was a baby of 18 months, Some teenage boys came over to see the girls and Yvette let them in the lounge while she changed the baby in the bedroom, She was getting him ready for bed. All of a sudden the front door burst open, my ex broke in, followed by Fred Schelbert and Stephanie, Bob found Yvette in the bedroom, he dragged the baby from her arms and handed him to Stephanie. He hit Yvette and she fell down and then he just wouldn't stop hitting her.

She said it wasn't her but didn't give the girls up, She tried to defend herself and one of the boys broke into the room took one look and fled, He had grabbed the baby off Stephanie and he and the others ran all the way to the Police Station with Kyle in their arms. The Police were on the doorstep within minutes, Bob, Stephanie and Fred were arrested and Yvette was taken to Hospital. I was rung at Bosch that Yvette was in the hospital and my boss let me off and I went straigh there.

She was lying in emergency and burst into tears as soon as she saw me.
"What happened, I asked?"
He just wouldn't stop hitting me Mum, he just wouldn't stop. I told him it wasn't me, it wasn't me,"

Then she really broke down,
"He's my Dad", she cried
He's My Dad and sobbed.

Photos were taken of her injuries by the Police, her tiny petite body battered and bruised, he had made sure he hadn't broken anything Bastard.

He was charged as was Fred and Stehanie, he had to sign in 3 times a week until the trial and by that time Yvette and I were living in Qld. Everyone tried to tell Yvette not to come back for the trial but we did. The policeman on the case was a fabulous man and he kept boxing on no matter what.
My ex tried for two days tried to plead not guilty. He said Yvette had beaten herself up, the same thing he said about my Mother all those years ago.
The police said it was no contest as they had the photos of Yvette's injuries and he changed his plea to guilty to avoid a jail sentence.

Maybe he has never assaulted any one again, if he did he knew he was facing a jail term, the bully that he was was stopped by a six stone girl, his daughter.

She was awarded criminal Compensation to the tune of $12,000 and he learned his lesson I hope, Bastard

Love Janett`9iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir4

Popular Posts