In Dreams---The Second Sight

Without Prejudice



I dreamed of an ex lover last night. Dreams make no sense and I woke in such a lather of sweat my pyjama pants hit the tiles in the bathroom with a thud. I had to write it down quickly or it would fade in my memory. Listening to to other peoples dreams is boring, so I will be brief.

I haven't had a dream of him in a few years. Then it was about an exclusive wedding. And I had to put on a strapless bra that went around me twice as I had lost so much weight. He was running up some stairs happy and content, popular and people greeted him with delight. We met up and wanted to consummate our union, had to were desperate to but other people were in the way.

He was like a demon lover, mad and passionate but we had to marry for some reason to consummate this union and other people made sure we did, then

There was an ex of his and she and her new husband were lying in a room, a freezing cold room. Both were wet and cold. She kept saying it wasn't $5 it was $37 dollars, and kept repeating the number. I felt so sad for her for some reason as she was so wet and cold, but she on the other hand was happy for me and him. Bizarre. ????

Last night I dreamed of unhappiness from him. He was so unhappy with other people, frustrated. And he was losing his hair.But his smile towards me was warm and full of delight. As if he recognised me from a long time ago.

He was amongst very important people and yet he was alone. Sectioned off in an office. I was with someone else. Just a presence beside me, but he was at a hairdressers and he was balding with long hair combed over the baldness on top. I told him it would be better to cut the long hair off and just have short hair all over. The hairdresser agreed. But he was still trying to hold on to the hair he had and disagreed.

Told you dreams don't make sense, didn't I ?

I have prophetic dreams that usually happen well before an event. I dreamed of the devastating bush fires before they happened, in Melbourne. And I have waking dreams that come true too. My Granny was psychic and I am a little but only when I am either tipsy and happy or somehow not being my rational self.

I have what they call premonitions. I had a premonition before Lauren died. All of the Mothers I met at Compassionate Friends had the same. I brought the subject up at one of the meetings and was swamped with stories. And when we went out once for dinner, the girls and I, I saw my oldest daughter cradling a newborn. She was holding her niece on her knee at the time and I saw a flash of something. like two TVs at once. The real picture and the image of another.

I told the whole table what I had seen, had to for some reason even if they were going to ridicule me. Three weeks later she told me she was pregnant. I couldn't have known , she couldn't have known but the facts were irrefutable. I saw my friend, a career girl also cradling a new born boy and crying at his beauty. He was blonde and gorgeous looking. She told me that wasn't going to happen when I told her. But within a year it had happened.

Maybe I read the body language or "sense" things, I don't know but it happens, I know it happens and they always come true.

My daughters friend asked me to "read" for her and I can't call it up at will. But by the end of the night I had told her she would be engaged within a year. I'd had a few merry wines by then but I knew it for a fact, somehow. She didn't even have a boyfriend at that stage. But sure enough she was engaged within a year. I have no idea why it comes or where it comes from, this "second sight". It just is what it is.

And last night was exceptional as I wasn't tipsy. I don't drink much at all anymore, too sugary and I get loud and on it. I prefer to be quiet and happy these days. I rang my ex lover and blurted it out. He must think I am crackers and to him I probably am. But I know that all of the things I dream come true, eventually, some instantly and some take a while. I have dreamed of flying, flying across the world and everything below me is beautiful. I can feel the soft breezes and the sun on my body, see the lush green below and the earth in all it's timeless beauty. Rivers and land, white sandy beaches and trees, flowers in a riot of colour.

I wish I could call it up, train this ability, strengthen and resolve it. Push a button, open up a third eye at will. Maybe its as I get older and more reflective. Maybe it really is a gift. I don't know and I can't explain it. It's just "there"


Love Janette

Popular Posts