Sexy Bastard 3

Without Prejudice

I was so happy on my own at last in Eva Street, I hired a gardener as I was not having to haul out a mower, try and start it and then race around the back and front yards in hot weather. I had a little man called James, (He was Asian, go figure!) who I had used at Springvale and he came and di the lot for $30. Weeded, sprayed, Whipper snipped, took it all away, he was worth every cent. I was on good money at work or a "Shitload Of Money", according to Sexy Bastard. I did wonder what he thought of my immediate bosses being on three times that amount, but no big deal, after all they were Men!

I should have thought of myself as priviliged to pop out every day and buy their lunch as they sat and ordered. After all I was a "Little Woman". I basically wanted to brain them when they asked me but went muttering darkly to myself about inequality and Germaine Greer.

I was in heels every day, and do men not understand that heels are only good when you are sitting down or trotting to the copy machine. Stomping down to the car and trotting off to the shops was not in my job description but I went anyway. In my ****ing heels.

SB was often to stop off at my desk and give me lip and after a while I gave it staright back as it seemed to amuse him. I loathed men at that time. I hated,  and abhorred them. I never hid it. I thought they were all unfaithful, all d*** Heads and liars, lazy, selfish, childish and self centred. Women of course, were perfect but I have never fancied women, so I intended to be single for the rest of my natural born days.

I did however give SB a look over and thought Hmmmm. And then decided, nope! I was not going that route again, not for love nor money. He was sumptuous to look at but really, seriously what could he not have ? Wealthy, good looking, powerful, he could have any skanky ho he wanted, someone that he could hire to swing from the chandeliers if he so decided.

Men !

So I mostly ignored him and also flirted with him as I knew I could and would do nothing about it. He asked me out and I made an excuse and he did it again and I refused again. Not going down that road, Sister, not ever, no how.

So he made a two prong attack and came to chat with another man that was also going through a divorce. You know the type. "All women are Gold Diggers" Type. Of Course it couldn't be half their fault, oh, no way.
I tiredly watched them as they did all that cameraderie thing, joking and jostling and I just thought,
"Would you **** off and let me do my work ?

SB made a joking reference to sex.
"How Original", I thought.
Then he came out with,
"You'd know about that wouldn't you, Janette? "
I just stared at him, his little fat pal chuckling away at his side.
In case I didn't get the point, he repeated himself.
You'd like sex, wouldn't you?"
I was livid but stayed calm.
"Everyone likes sex" I replied in the end.

The FP chuckled and said he wanted to ask me something.
"Ye Gods", I thought, "What Next/"
"Why are all women Gold Diggers?" He asked.
"They're not", I replied.
I asked if their wives had left them or the other way around. Turns out surprisingly, their wives had left them.
I replied as I looked away, disinterestly.
"Well you know what they say boys, a poor wife leaves for the money and the rich wife" and I hesitated, looking at SB,
"Leaves for the sex"

Hi Five, Round One to me and they both left.

Popular Posts