Sex, the cane and naughty schoolgirls 5

Without Prejudice




Thornes House Grammar School, Wakefield Yorks.


I am so embarrassed. I had to tell Mum about not being able to see the blackboard. Took me ages to have the courage and even then I cried. Mum said I have to get glasses and I have to wear them, there is no way out. She's sending me to the Opticians after school today. I hate having to read those stupid charts and the man is just going to tell me how dumb I am that I can't get it right. It's all my Dad's fault as he has them and no one else in the family needs them except for me. It's so not fair, I hate my life. I wish I could see like normal people.

We have a new Maths Teacher, a temporary one. He wears a green corduroy jacket and the boys have called him , the Milky Bar Kid, except it's now The Corduroy Kid, one even made up a song, sung to the Milky Bar Kid ad.

"The Corduroy Kid is tough and strong,
The Corduroy Kid just can't go wrong
The Corduroy Kid only wears what's right.
"Its Corduroy, it's green like shite"

We all laughed and he didn't know what we were laughing at. He has a big red nose as well, the poor thing and keeps wiping it all lesson and no one will do as he says. I'm sure he is not going to last long as the boys and some of the girls give him hell. I am doing better with my homework and schoolwork and don't feel so dumb anymore. The Boss called me over today and asked why I didn't have the proper blazer on.

My voice sounded squeaky and high as I said the blazer I had on was my Sisters, he looked at the pocket and it says something in latin. He said,
"Knowledge is Power"
I just looked at him like a dumb sort of animal,
"Knowledge is Power, thats what it says on your pocket, scientia est potentia, make sure you get a Thornes House Blazer, soon, Bruckshaw"
"Yes, Sir"
Everyone calls you by your last name here. It's so weird but you get used to it. he must know a lot of latin, the Boss.

He's so grim, never smiles and walks the halls like the Devil, all black robe and that silly thing on his head. But I don't want the cane so I just do as I'm told, well most of the time, anyway. Denise and I are in different art lessons, so I told her to make an excuse and sneak out of class at 11 and I'd meet her in the library. We have both decided we know nothing about S.E.X. and we need to look at some books.

Hooray, she made it and so did I and we furtively start going through some books, one eye out for Prefects as they will dob us in for not having a permission slip to be out of class. I told my teacher I needed the toilet, and ran off looking upset.

We find some books and they don't make sense at all, there are some diagrams and some words and we turn the books upside down and we still can't understand them. There's something about blood flow to the member and something else but it's all mixed up and confusing. Stamens something and flowers pollinating, guess that's where the birds and bees come from. Denise nudges me as she has a copy of Lady Chatterley's Lover, but a prefect sails on by so we put it back and act like we are meant to be there.

We talk about it after School dinner, the weather is improving and we sit outside on the concrete steps to the first floor. There is a weak sun poking its head through the clouds. It's not warm but at least it's bright.
"So, what do you make of that "stuff", we read?" She asks.
"I have no idea"" I reply,
"Huh, thought you were supposed to be the brainy one?"
"I'm not brainy"
"Yes, you are, I heard some of the others talking about you and they said you were brainy, thats why you're here"
"I'm not brainy, my brother's still here and he's as thick as a plank"
"Nah, you're brainy, you just don't want to let on"
I didn't answer her at first and thought I'd change the subject anyway.
"So what about this whole SEX thing?"
"I have no idea, even after reading those books"
"They were so dumb"
We both thought about on this as we sat there and left without answers for our next lesson, Biology and we were about to disect a fishes eyeball, Ugh !






Popular Posts