Queensland In Winter

Without Prejudice



The Palms In Gorgeous George's Back Yard. 7.6.2012




What's so beautiful about Queensland in Winter is the sun. I love it, can't get enough of it. It's light and bright early in the morning, and on most days its sunny. I don't wear shoes and wear Summer clothes as I am still not conditoned to the Queensland weather. Most days even in Winter it's at least 18 to 19 degrees and sunny.

My daughters back in Melbourne tell me they have the heaters on and it's bitterly cold. I could sunbake here in the backyard everyday. I race through my writing so I can lie out there, feel the warmth in my bones. It's fantastic. There are enormous palm trees here in the backyard that have grown to  over the height of the double storey house. They are healthy, strong and as great as anything that you see on the Gold Coast.

All the plants, trees and shrubs here grow incredibly well, just like me they need the suns warmth to grow and blossom. Clothes dry in the sun, I bake in the sun and sweat in bed and have to have just a sheet on for comfort. Bless Queensland forever, my friend the sun is here, may he always shine.

Love Janette

Popular Posts