Sex, the cane and naughty schoolgirls 14

Without Prejudice

We stayed at Marjorie's until dark and then raced back to the common. The sun had gone down and some boys joined us as we walked across the soccer pitch and the fields beyond. I started running and then I felt the wind in my hair and laughter bubbling up and as I ran I felt like I could run forever, lungs bursting, my feet thudding in my trainers and Marjorie called out,
Stop"
I stopped but I had wanted to run as fast as my feet would carry me towards the lights of the fair. The Ferris wheel was lit up like a Catherine Wheel, the one that chased Dad around the back yard all those years ago in Canowindra. How we had laughed , the sight of him haring around the backyard as fast as his little fat Scottish legs could carry him. Wherever he had run it seemed to follow and we thought we would die from laughing. How mean !

The fair was packed now with families, kids whooping and the music from the sideshows blaring and the smell of hot fried onions and meat. We went on the Ferris wheel and it was bloody terrifying tell the truth. Soaring up into the darkness of the night and hesitating at the top, just rocking there for a while and I thought what if we never came down. but with a lurch it started again and we came back down. I was clutching on to Denise for dear life and she me,

The carny at the bottom laughed as we clambered off, I'm sure he left us at the top deliberately, and he said something to us as we ran off. Didn't hear a word he said, Thank God. Why pimple faced louts try that stuff on is beyond me. We are both nearly 13 and just about know everything there is to know, except that one subject. Sex, and there is no one to ask but each other x

Popular Posts