Sex, the cane and naughty schoolgirls 4

Without Prejudice





My Traditional Yorkshire Puds--Granny Wilshers Recipe

I am so happy today as Mum and Dad have managed to get Granny and Grandad moved at last. It's what they call a bungalow (one level house) with a bathroom and a loo and a laundry! Lucy and George, my grandparents are so happy, at least now they will be warm and cosy and no more freezing cold trips to the loo for Grandad. I hated those ugly brick houses all joined together, you see them om Coronation Street. Terrace houses they call them and there is nothing colder or uglier in this world.

I hated going to bed there in the front room upstairs. I had to crouch all curled up over the hot water bottle Grandma gave me and I was still frozen solid. I kept having to go to school with hardly any sleep and I'm worried about getting bags under my eyes. Grandma of course has to repaper the whole house before she moves in and we are going over there on Saturday to help. I've never wallpapered before but Auntie Pam and Auntie Nat are coming so it should be a lot of fun.

Jay and Dennis are getting to skive off to the Soccer, Leeds United of course, with Dad and Uncle Eric, Auntie Nats husband, while we paper and clean but that's OK they would only be in the way anyway. I've started swimming at school again. Its so posh they have their own Swimming Pool under cover, thank God. All the girls keep talking about these bloody Veruccas, which I've never ever heard of. They are warts you can catch on the underside of your feet from the wet pool floor and some dirty person having them in the first place. Ugh!

I'm so happy about Grandma and Grandad, though. Mum went down to the Council people and yelled her head off, saying that Grandad and Grandma had served in the war and Grandad had lung disease from the mines and how it was a big disgrace. All those years and Mum has to do it. Shocking. But that's Mum! She's a "Tartar", Jenny says, and I love Mum for that, even though the rest of the time she's just plain weird.

I love my Aunty Pam though, she's so funny and makes great stuff to eat. If and when we ever go back to Australia I will be so fat and I worry about that, so I'm going to do more sport. I can enrol in Movement and dance, gymnastics, Trampoline, Hockey as well as swimming. It's giving up lunchtimes and after school and I don't care. It's better than being fat and chubby like a lot of the girls here. I don't want to be fat ever.

And it looks like we are getting a house of our very own to live in. Can't wait. We are such a big family we have been split in two. I know now that Dad borrowed money off Auntie Pam the minute we arrived here. Jay said he told her he had his wallet stolen. I am ashamed that he did that. She even had to pay the Taxi Driver and my Mum just sat there, like the Queen or someone until she paid. I hate them both for doing that to my lovely Aunt.

I can't even look at Dad or Mum after that birds and bees thing. What birds and bees ? I don't understand and I am too shy to ask. Aunty Pam tells me more than either of them. She says there is a pill now that stops you having babies if you get "in trouble" or an operation that kills the baby after if you don't want it. Who would not want a baby? I want lots and lots when I am older. I'm going to be married and have a big family and I will love them to bits.

I haven't been able to see the blackboard at school, the lights are on in the classrooms all the time and I sit at the back. Can't see anything. It's all a blur and getting worse. So I am scared to tell Mum. But even when I squint with one eye I still can't see. I'm going to have to tell her or Dad as I have to copy the homework and I can't read the page numbers on the board. They told me at Southport State I needed glasses. How am I going to wear glasses in front of the other kids at school. I will die of embarrassment, I will.

Popular Posts