Sex, the cane and naughty schoolgirls 6

Without Prejudice

We are not getting a house after all but a flat. We've been to see it and like everything else here it's tiny. Dennis's room you can't swing a cat in, it's called a box room. It's in Ossett which means a long bus ride home for Jay and I. Bur at least we'll be together and I have to share a room with Jenny. Again. I've shared all my life, when oh, when am I to get a room of my own?

We helped Grandma and Grand Dad with the papering of their little bungalow in Bottomboat. Grandma is unbelievable as we had to strip off all the old stuff first and there were at least 3 layers. Granny papers and Auntie Pam and I strip, its the most awful messy job and Mum, of course just sits around, smoking and talking and Grand Dad went to the Pub, it's called The Rising Sun, and came back and tried to waltz Grandma around the lounge room all red in the face and laughing.

My granny has the most enormous bosoms I have ever seen on anybody. They are like a shelf and she keeps her Hearing Aid unit with batteries down there. When she doesn't want to hear Gran Dad she turns it off and when she does she dives her hand down into that bosom and turns it back on. But she lets me listen to Radio Caroline as I want to hear the Moody Blues sing," Go Now". They were on Ready Steady Go and I love that song. I love Dusty Springfield, she has the best makeup and hair and I want tram lines around my eyes like she has, of course Mum won't let me wear makeup yet. I bet Aunty Pam, would !

Jenny gets to wear all these great dresses and I don't When I'm older I am going to have the best wardrobe ever, full of clothes and a dressing table full of makeup and hair stuff. Diana Ross was just on and she has the best hair and loads of makeup and I want it so much. The Beatles are on too, the music is fab. And we are all in a good mood with the papering and glue everywhere. Grandma's so good at this and so fussy, so are Auntie Pam and Nat. I'm watching everything they do, so I can learn how to do it "Proper Like", which is what they call it.

I have my full school uniform now and I hate it, hate it!. It's a long pleated skirt and it has to hang six inches below our knees. Miss Horsfall makes us and stops us if she thinks its short, she carries a ruler with her to make sure, the old bat. I have a white shirt, tie, Dad had to show me how to tie a Windsor knot, Proper blazer, thick itchy brown stockings and shoes with laces. God, it's awful and we look frumps. Like old women not girls. The boys wear the same except trousers of course.

The gym uniform is big baggy shorts and an airtex shirt, short sleeved and for dance we wear these gym knickers and I don't want to be seen dead in them. But at least I fit in, now. As soon as we finish the papering we are going to help granny and Grandad move their furniture, that'll be fun. Love to know how the boys get out of all the work. But I'd rather be indoors than out at some footy match anyway, freezing.

Ha ha I have to say I am the biggest twit I have ever ever met. They moved all the furniture out and I helped. I went upstairs one last time to check everything was gone. Granny's main bedroom light has never worked in all those dreary years they have been here. You have to turn the lamp on the far side of the bed. So I went in to check and just as I jumped on to the bed, sailing through the air with my knees tucked up. I remembered at the last second as I jumped, the bed was gone and I crashed on to my knees with an almighty big muffled whumpf.

Everyone came running from downstairs and I was paralysed on the floor. God! It hurt so bad and I had all the wind knocked out of me. What an idiot, Jay laughed of course and if I could have gotten up at all I would have thumped him, one. Dad helped me up and I thought I'd broken my knees. I can see the funny side now, but then it was,
"You are so dumb, dumb !"
I'll never hear the end of it from Jay, he was bent over double laughing, I am so going to get him back, one day.And I will never forget that as I sailed through the air, knees first, I realised my mistake. Quelle Horreur!

Popular Posts