Changing My Mind

Without Prejudice

A woman is allowed to change her mind.

I was once so keen to settle down again but I'm not now. it was one of my goals. But I look at statistics of how one in two marriages end in divorce and that the odd go higher for 2nd couplings. I am aware of how things are often not as they seem behind closed doors.

If people are in a marriage is it a meeting of minds, to have kids or just company? I have no idea any more and I am not sure I want to. It seems that once you are committed you have to conform, compromise, and think of someone else's situation. I will be honest I have always thought that marriage was for other people. Not for me.

One of my daughters wants me to meet someone, the other two don't care. I don't know. I made two out of three of my goals in 11 Months. Is that not enough, Camp Eden ? Love and all it's stresses and strains is probably not for me. I was married for 20 years, so I know what that is like. I was engaged for 10 and didn't want to marry. I lived on and off with a man for 5 years and his son hated the idea, was very jealous and didn't want us to be together.

We used to find him sleeping outside our room and he was in his 20's. He slashed my clothes. He did everything in his power to bust us up and in the end I grew weary of it. Last I heard me ex partner had taken two of his grown sons in and they wrecked his place. He now lives with a son and the son's girlfriend. A pathetic shell of a man losing everything to sons who were not grateful.

So I guess I'm single and liking it,

That's enough for now. Everyone else is either complaining about their partner, being unfaithful or envy's my single status. I know now that I can have a man if I want one, but I don't want a whole one, just yet. I'm just discovering who I am, what I want, and how much that means to me. It's not shameful to be single these days. You can do what you want, when you want and not have to compromise.

If I had to choose. A male eunuch that cooks and cleans would be nice. Or a wealthy man that is older and falls asleep at the drop of a hat. Lets me do what I want and never ever complains or criticizes. Pipe dream, yes ?

Someone who works 7 days a week and just throws money in the door and runs would be nice as long as he buys me pretty dresses and puts me in a condo. Julia Roberts has it wrong in Pretty Woman. She should have taken the Condo, I believe. a Big Business man is never going to be good company.He will be gone most of the time, like a sailor.

Just have the company of your girlfriends for social outings and stay single. just have lovers and get your hair and nails done any old time.Sleep single, eat out or make your own. Read, write, have hobbies. That to me sounds sensible and all my life I have been sensible. I was always telling boys to go away it seems and I still am.


Love Janette xoxo

Popular Posts