The Queens Jubilee

Without Prejudice




I feel so very British when I watch The Queens Jubilee Concert. My Cousin Janet Wisher is lighting a beacon on her farm in Yorkshire and organising a street party for the whole Village. That sounds so very English doesn't it? My Aunt is contacted later and tells us all the gossip from over there and her opinion of The Queen, what she is wearing and how very proud she is to be British and still here at 90 to celebrate,
"Every day above ground is a goodun", she says in her broad Yorkshire accent.

She's off out dancing tonight and I am watching the concert. Robbie Williams and his cheery,
"Hey Up" greeting. looking very dapper in his suit. Sir Cliff Richards, who has to be 75 if he;'s a day looks fantastic, so does Grace Jones, swinging a hula ll the time she is singing. Kylie does the Australian contingent proud. Little sparrow she is with cheeky boots. But the best the legens is Sir Tom Jones. I am sure I can hear the panties thudding on to the satge when he sings Delilah or even the jock straps. he is sex on legs that Man. his voice is effortless, he knows it and leans back in to the song as if it is no stress to be singing in front of how many all over the world.

He doesn't miss a note, doesn't miss a beat, he just is. His stance is sexy, his voice is sexy and he might have white hair and beard but my lord he beats everyone else on the stage hands down, before, after, he is a craftsman of the first order. He smiles to himself, he knows his voice is good. It's his instrument of his soul.


Love Janette

Popular Posts