An Idiot Amongst the Stars

Without Prejudice




I only believe my stars if they are good. I found out just recently that my Dad liked his Stars. I never knew that, my younger Sister told me. Mine is, this Morning for Virgo, be calm, slow down, be sanguine and slow. So what did I do. I was at Kippa Ring Shopping Centre, big Sis coming in three and a half hours to go to Caloundra. Only for a few days, no big deal, right ? So what did I have to do? I had to run that's what. I just had to run and fell smack straight down on to my knees.

Taking several layers of skin with it, the fall. Just like when you fall in the playground as a kid. And I had a big chunky bracelet on my right arm which dug in and bruised my arm. An Old man stopped up helped me up. Grovelling on the ground there. Handbag went flying and I went flying and I thought,
"Why didn't you listen to your Stars?"

Why am I always in such a hurry ?? I need to calm down, this is Queensland, not Melbourne and even though I have been here two months, I still have to learn to slow down. Always in a tearing hurry, rip, tear, bust. Why?? I have promised to be patient this year. It's one of my goals, this year. But I still can't do it. I have to race, run, fly and not relax, never relax.

What do I hope to accomplish in this tearing hurry of mine. ?  I limped to the Centrelink Office to get a temporary health care card so I can get my scripts for my anti crazy pills. Then I limped off knees bleeding by now to the chemist and the shops. Bloody chemist tried to charge me $10.95 more for my pregnant mare's Urine, (Premarin -- HRT) and I complained, he almost matched what I paid a month ago. But it was still $3.95 more and it still bugs me. I would have demanded my money back but couldn't be bothered limping over to Terry Whites, just then,

Then I realised I needed antihistamines as I never sleep at other people's houses unless I am knocked out cold, so I went to Terry White's anyway. Bugger ! And told them all about me bleeding knees and overcharging and I thought,

"That's it. I've turned into a whining old fart like the OAP and I'm only in my fifties. Jaysus! I thought, get a grip girlfriend. I have run out of my anti crazy pills since yesterday. Can you tell ? and I have to get another script and that means a Doctors visit and most of them don't bulk bill up here and I am fucked if I am paying $69.00 to go to the Doctors for a script. And the receptionist at the Doctors agrees with me. She says there is a Super Clinic down near the bridge and I don't localise that area for some reason, always looks sort of poor and a bit druggie.

So I find out where one is and then decide I'll just ask my sister for some anti crazy pills as we are both on them, she 's a lot more patient than me.  She has the patience I don't. We are on anti crazy pills as we saw our Mother go nuts and we believe that her depression is hereditary, which it is, but she also had Bomb shock, war trauma, marched up and down on verandahs and cried out Heil Hitler and was crated off to Hospital with bars on the window. As my younger brother says in no uncertain terms, she was "nuts"

We don't want to be nuts, so we take out anti d's and watch each other for signs. So do our families and they KNOW when we have run out, just know. So we give them a break and take them.

I arrive back home sans anti crazy pills but full of hormones and good cheer. My brothers off to Mackay and looks very much the smart business man with his small suitcase in tow. I tell him quickly of my knees which he can see.

"Bet you felt like a bloody idiot", he states and I did.

he laughs and kisses me goodbye. Tells me to not be so impatient, I am and I try and still haven't slowed down as I boil an egg for lunch and can't wait to eat it and it comes out almost raw. So I whack some smoked salmon on it and stick it in the microwave, pile it on to Premium crispbreads and wolf it down. Now I can relax, oh no, I haven't packed, so then I do that, write this story and eat my lunch, and do a load of washing.

I will never learn, I have to be patient I have to be patient.


Love Janette

Popular Posts